Last weekend, my little sister Brittany visited me from Utah. She loves the beach, so we spent our morning exploring Pescadero and its nearby beaches. We stopped by the Harley goat farm for some yummy cheeses. All week I have been smearing goat cheese on anything I could. Chips, crackers, bread, salads… It has been a yummy week! I had some goat feta left over, and have been trying to find the perfect use of my yummy cheese, and considering my love of a good pizza, it was a natural choice. If you can find a high quality, local cheese I would highly recommend using it in this recipe. The quality really came through in the pizza. As for my vegan husband, Christopher’s pizza left out the cheese, but he said that the onions, spinach and olives were just right for him.
Spinach, Caramelized Onion, Olive and Goat Cheese Pizza
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion
1 bunch spinach, washed, dried and coarsely chopped
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 small pizza crusts (I used Udi’s gluten free pizza crusts)
Preheat oven to 375.°
Caramelize onions in a skillet with oil on very low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Turn up the heat and add Spinach. Cook until Spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top pizza crusts with spinach mixture. Sprinkle onions and crumbled goat cheese on top of each, and bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting. Serve while hot.
Happy eating,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment