I love cooking blogs, but have never found one that really fits my lifestyle. Cooking blogs are usually written by beautiful women with kids, perfect kitchens, gourmet pallets, well-stocked pantries, and time. For now, I am an overworked grad student and Bay-Area dweller with no kids, a tiny kitchen, dietary restrictions, no pantry, and little time. I have a tiny, 1970’s galley kitchen with roughly 5 ft counter space divided into 4 pointless counters. My life just doesn’t allow me to wait for food to marinade, bread to rise, or for meals to take hours of prep and cooking time. Nevertheless, I love cooking and eating.
Healthy eating in very important to my husband and I, and was a big part of our decision to move back to California. As Christopher wrapped-up his masters and I got ready for our big move to California, we were exhausted, sleep deprived, and chubby. We needed a reboot, and vowed to get back on track. Once we got to California, we started getting farm fresh veggies from our local CSA and we began to feel more energetic and healthy almost overnight.
We have a couple of major dietary restrictions. Christopher recently became a vegan because he loves animals and wants to live a long, healthy life. I am strictly gluten free, because of IBS (don’t worry, that is my last mention of my health ;). I am not a vegan, but most of the meals I prepare are vegan, because I think food is best when shared.
My goal for writing this blog is to chronicle my adventures in healthy cooking and eating. All of my recipes will be made in my dinky kitchen with little special equipment and over-loved pans and tools. I hope to use it to keep myself on target, while sharing with other less-then-perfect cooks who love food and their bodies.
I would like this blog to remain a positive, collaborative environment. I welcome your feedback, ideas and questions.
Happy eating!


Amanda you are awesome. I'm still not daring enough to try mt own recipe's. They look great. I can't wait top try them. I'm still grain free though so I'll make my modifications.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Christopher was vegan! Did he go to Vegan Academy to get his Vegan Powers? I just got Zach a Vegan Police t-shirt for Christmas, so Christopher better watch out...
ReplyDeleteJane: I will keep you in mind for substitutions. Are you eating nut flours or coconut flour? I won't do a whole lot of baking for the blog (baking recipes are MUCH harder to write, as they are so finicky), so you should be able to eat most of my food. It remains to be seen if my recipes are any good...
ReplyDeleteKelly and Zack: He did! haha. He has been warned. Christopher has been vegan for a whole week ;) He has been vegetarian for a few months now, except when around his sister, and when he saw some squid ink risotto that he said he had to try before he swore off meat.